Find the lowest prices for Zovirax pills from reliable online pharmacies, including additional information about bonus pills, Zovirax coupons, promo codes, free shipping and other discounts. Buy Zovirax pills cheap and safely choosing the best price among the reputable pharmacies available on our site.
Individuals of any age may present with manifestations of herpetic infection in the form of blisters on the lips. This disease, called herpes simplex virus (HSV), is treated with antiviral drugs in oral and topical forms. Zovirax tablets are prescribed for oral administration.
The active component of the drug is Acyclovir. Each tablet contains 200 mg of this substance.
Interacting with the enzymes of the body, acyclovir is transformed from a synthetic into a pharmacologically active substance and subsequently penetrates into herpes-infected cells. There, thymidine kinase is produced, which is a specific enzyme that converts acyclovir into the compound of acyclovir triphosphate. The cytoplasm of the affected cells is saturated with this drug substance. As a result, DNA replication of the viruses is disrupted and the process of their reproduction is deactivated.
Zovirax tablets are prescribed by doctors for such indications as:
- Genital herpes
- Herpes zoster
- Rehabilitation after bone marrow transplantation
- Infectious lesions of herpesvirus of different severity
- Heavy forms of immunodeficiency
- Prevention of the recurrence of herpetic infection of all types, regardless of the patient’s immune status
Mode of application
In the proper dosage, the drug is taken with food and washed down with a glass of water.
In the case of infectious lesions of HSV, it is recommended to use 200 mg of the drug five times a day in intervals of four hours. The duration of therapy is five days, though longer courses are recommended in more severe cases.
In the case of chickenpox and shingles, Zovirax is indicated to be taken five times daily at a dosage of 800 mg. The treatment lasts for one week.
Absolute contraindications to the use of Zovirax tablets include hypersensitivity to acyclovir or valaciclovir. Relative contraindications include neurological symptoms, dehydration, and/or renal failure.
During pregnancy and during breastfeeding, the patient should take Zovirax tablets with extreme caution.
Possible side effects to the use of Zovirax tablets include:
- Gastrointestinal tract: diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and abdominal pain
- Skin: Quincke’s edema, rash, dyspnea, fever, hives, and/or increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Hemopoiesis: anemia, leukopenia, and thrombocytopenia
- Liver: hepatitis, jaundice, and increased levels of bilirubin
- Nervous system: cramps, psychosis, tremor, headaches, drowsiness, coma, confusion, and/or nervous excitement
- Kidneys: an increase in urea and creatinine levels in the blood and/or kidney failure