Find the lowest prices for Doxycycline Hyclate pills from reliable online pharmacies, including additional information about bonus pills, Doxycycline Hyclate coupons, promo codes, free shipping and other discounts. Buy Doxycycline Hyclate pills cheap and safely choosing the best price among the reputable pharmacies available on our site.
Doxycycline (doxycycline hyclate) is a drug that has antibacterial action. The effects of this pharmaceutical product from the group of tetracyclines revolve around the ability of the active substance (doxycycline hyclate) to penetrate through the cell membrane and inhibit the synthesis of proteins of microbial cells. The result of this influence is the bacteriostatic effects of doxycycline hyclate.
The advantage of this medication is a significant therapeutic activity in comparison with that of natural analogs.
After ingestion, the active substance quickly and almost completely (95%) is absorbed, binding to blood plasma proteins and evenly penetrating into the tissues of the organs.
Doxycycline hyclate in tableted form is actively used to treat a number of infectious and inflammatory diseases. For effective control of the pathogen, it is important to choose the correct dosage of the drug depending on the degree of the inflammatory process. Particular attention should be paid to the selection of a therapeutic dosage for children older than the age of eight years, as well as patients suffering from kidney and liver disorders.
On the first day of therapy, the daily dose is 200 mg. The daily dose is divided into two parts — that is, the patient should take one tablet two times a day. On the second day of treatment, it is recommended to switch to a maintenance dosage of 100 mg per day.
In the case of a severe course of the infectious-inflammatory process, the dosage should be left at the initial level.
The drug should be taken at the time of food intake and washed down with water.
During the use of this medication, there is a possibility of undesirable side effects; at their presentation, it may be necessary to consult a specialist. Examples include:
- Development of intracranial hypertension, which is characterized by the appearance of a headache of a growing character and vomiting at the peak of the headache; after vomiting, the intensity of the headache usually decreases
- Decreased appetite; anorexia
- Noise in the ears, often having the character of ringing
- Dyspeptic phenomena in the form of nausea; tenderness in the epigastric region
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes of the digestive tract, specifically the glossitis, esophagitis, gastritis, and enterocolitis
- Disorders of hemopoiesis, manifested by a decrease in the content in the peripheral blood of platelets, neutrophils, and leukocytes
- Arterial hypotension
- Heart rhythm disturbances
- Disorders of liver function with an increase in the level of hepatic aminotransferases, cholestasis, and autoimmune hepatitis
- Superinfections provoked by infectious agents resistant to the active substance (e.g., intestinal dysbacteriosis, candidiasis of the oral mucosa, dysbacteriosis, and thrush in gynecology)
- Change in tooth enamel staining
There are a number of conditions that exclude the use of doxycycline hyclate, as follows:
- The presence of hypersensitivity to antibiotics of the tetracycline series
- With pregnancy (especially the second half) and lactation
- Age younger than eight years
- Severe forms of impaired hepatic function
In the presence of these contraindications, the use of doxycycline hyclate should be ceased or not started and, for the treatment of infection, an alternative therapy should be prescribed.